Friday, February 18, 2011

Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki Returns to the West Coast

Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki''s Josh Hansen, Broc Tickle, and Tyla Rattray return to action as the Monster Energy Supercross, and FIM Championship see the AMA Supercross Lites Western Region riders one more time before a seven-week break.

The week break came at a good time for Hansen, who suffered a broken finger at the last race in Anaheim, Calif. He’s taken time to rest and now is looking to maintain the eight-point lead in the championship standings at the final Southern California race in San Diego.

"I was lucky enough to have a week break after I hurt my hand," said Hansen. "I’ve been trying to stay off the bike and get my wrist strong enough to put in a good race this weekend. It’s going to be tough, but I have to think about the long-term goal of winning the championship."

Just behind his teammate in the point standings is Tickle, who already has one win under his belt this season. Eager to get back on top the podium, Tickle has been putting in the time on the bike to go into the break with a victory.

"I know I’m capable of a win and I just hope I feel as good as I did in Oakland," said Tickle. "That was a mud race as well and it looks like this may be our second one of the season. I’ll just try to be smart and make as few mistakes as possible."

Rattray makes his return back to racing after taking a one-race break because of a back injury. He is confident that he can do well in San Diego, hoping to get back on the podium where he started the season.

"It’s really fun racing supercross and I hope this weekend won’t be too tricky with the rain," said Rattray. "I just want to go out there and have a solid race before we go on our break."

The Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team makes their return west at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego before heading east. Hansen is leading the championship standings with 113 points, while Tickle is right behind him in second with 105. Despite missing one race, Rattray is still in ninth with 58 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment