Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Levi LaVellee Glad to be Home!

Levi LaVallee is back home in Minnesota after sustaining injuries in a practice jump on Dec. 14 in preparation for Red Bull's annual "New Year. No Limits." show. (Which has been canceled for this year.) LaVellee is a seven-time Winter X Games medalist in snowmobiling.

LaVallee was practicing for a world record distance jump attempt on a snowmobile, which was set to be telecast on ESPN on Dec. 31, live from San Diego, Calif.  During testing, he jumped 361 feet, smashing the existing record of 301½ feet set by Paul Thacker in March 2009. The jump will be submitted for world record certification.

In a statement to the press LaVallee confirmed, "I am out of the hospital and on my way home to Minnesota. When I jumped 361 feet during testing, I was pumped and felt I could fly even further at Red Bull: New Year. No Limits.. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way and I will be ringing in the new year a little differently than originally planned. I'm disappointed, but the most important thing is that I'm recovering and hope to get back on my sled soon. Thanks to everyone who has wished me well. The amazing amount of support really means a lot. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!" LaVellee is 28 years old, Happy New Years L.L.!

No comments:

Post a Comment